Public HTTP Proofreading API
We offer a simple HTTPS REST-style service that anybody can use to check texts
with LanguageTool. The only public endpoint is the
following one - do not send your requests to any other endpoints you might find in the homepage’s HTML code
curl -d "text=This is an test." -d "language=auto" https://api.languagetool.org/v2/check
When using it, please keep the following rules in mind:
- Do not send automated requests. For that, set up your own instance of LanguageTool or
get an account for Enterprise use.
- Only send POST requests, not GET requests.
- Access is currently limited to:
- 20 requests per IP per minute (this is supposed to be a peak value - don’t constantly send this many requests or we would have to block you)
- 75KB text per IP per minute
- 20KB text per request
- Only up to 30 misspelled words will have suggestions.
- This is a free service, thus there are no guarantees about performance or availability. The limits may change anytime.
- The LanguageTool version installed may be the latest official release or some snapshot. We will simply
deploy new versions, thus the behavior will change without any warning.
your texts. You are responsible for giving your users information about how their data is handled.
- We expect you to add a link back to https://languagetool.org that’s clearly visible.
See the JSON API.
Libraries to simplify usage